I just returned to Sarasota, FL from the beautiful Arundel, ME where I had the pleasure of working my very first summer stock at the Arundel Barn Playhouse with producing artistic director Adrienne Grant.
I was busy in four shows as the awkward and quirky Judy Turner in A CHORUS LINE; the uppity Mrs. Eynsford-Hill in MY FAIR LADY; the snobby Vivienne in LEGALLY BLONDE; and the oh-so-lovable and slightly-dim Suzy Simpson in THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES.
Highlights of the summer included:
- Working with fabulous directors Taavon Gamble, Dewayne Barrett, Brian Swasey, and Ed Reichert
- Performing for Former President Mr. George H.W. Bush and his lovely wife Barbara (TWICE!)
- Learning the demands of rehearsing all day and performing at night. No time to think... just do!
- Visiting Kennebunkport, Ogunquit, York, Old Orchard Beach, and Portland... Maine is gorgeous.
- Sight-seeing all the beautiful Lighthouses in the area
- Learning and performing the original choreography of A Chorus Line
- Eating fresh Maine lobster every chance I had!
What a treat!
Danae DeShazer is an actress, singer, and dancer living in Sarasota, FL.